Thursday, August 12, 2010

Preview: Spectre REV-5 released in Singapore..I have foam envy

Nerf Spectre REV-5. Oh how foam gods above, how you taunt me
SGNerf has just announced the new Nerf N-Strike Spectre REV-5 is now available in Singapore. This elusive blaster has to be my most sought after piece, and I.CAN'T.GET.MY.HANDS.ON.ONE. More frustrating is how close it is, first Hong Kong, and then Singapore..

I've ranted before about how frustrating it is to live in such a wonderful country such as Australia but to be tortured by the fact its so far behind the times when it comes to cool gear that's already available overseas. Nerf stuff is one of these areas. Things tend to always come out in Asian countries first, especially Hong Kong (why I love that place so much). Even though we're SOOO close and geographically practically a part of Asia.. we just don't get the cool stuff. Nerf Spectre, you're the only blaster to date that I have no avenues towards acquiring you. Even the new Stampede ECS is pre-ordered and ready to go.


Anyway, here's a video courtesy of 'Linkinparkrocksify" a lad in Hong Kong who got his hands on one a month ago!! 

2 comments:

  1. You can actually get the Spectre from the black tactical website (if you still don't have one) once they restock. I think the guys who run the site said they would try to restock it this week. Have a look here under replica weapons in a week or so. http://black-tactical.com/store/

    They're a store based in singapore so the postage is a fraction of American postage. I ordered a spectre from them and it's where I intend to get my Alpha Trooper if Australia never gets it.

    I also work at Target in Liverpool (Sydney) and on Friday night, I unpacked about 10 Raiders with the new box design in one night. No joke. I think Hasbro maybe feeling a bit less tentative with their stock since it took less three hours for all Nerf guns to sell out at toysale a couple of months ago. It took about 30 minutes for all rifles to sell out. We had at least 50 guns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thanks for the info! I went to Black Tactical but they're always out of stock, but I'll keep it in mind for the future!

    ReplyDelete