Saturday, May 28, 2011

Indigo Studios: Packaging Portfolio gives me a happy


As we featured in a below post, Indigo Studios are Hasbro/Nerf's choice for package design. I had a look at their design portfolio online and I think I nearly pee'd myself in excitement; check these out! 

That being said, chances are these ARE just design concepts, but HO-LY crap this would be some exciting stuff if these made it into production. The Spectre looks amazing in Whiteout colours..

 

Sonic series is cool and all, but I have to admit that any blaster that's released in the new Whiteout series is going to be on my Santa list this year..

Update: Unfortunately, the portfolio has been taken down. I'm not sure why this has occurred, but it reiterates that it's most likely these images in their portfolio are just demonstrative of what they can do, rather than it actually making official release. Please don't hound them for info- they're designers, not manufacturers.

10 comments:

  1. Spectre Rev-5 it was time for a new color scheme and I thought I was done with Nerf this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Hasbro,
    All I want for Christmas is a Whiteout Stampede.

    Sincerely,
    Synergie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has anyone had enough of the repaints? Reshelled recons are one thing, seeing as they have their own unique gimmicks, but I have no reason to pick up any of these (other than the spectre and maverick, which I don't have and broke, respectively). This is what, the FOURTH series of repaints?! Yes they look nice, but why?! It must be profitable though, seeing as the keep doing it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone notice the green Whistlers in the Barricade?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green streamlines in the Stampede too. Maybe they made a mistake in the change of hue:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. talk about going into sonic series overdrive, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. The White Out longstrike would be pimp. I wonder if anyone's ever thought of putting the bolt action workings of a hunter in a longstrike?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Stampede also features an Orange bipod- I doubt that'd happen. Having a translucent shield would be kinda cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There must have been too much green in the blasters that they forgot to change the colour of the darts. But I admit that I would love to have the green darts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some repaints are cool, but the sonic series looks like some kid with a sinus infections' head blew up on the gun.

    ReplyDelete